Welcome

The Pettygrove family is lives in Papua New Guinea to serve those working in Bible translation
Join us with our progress....

Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas 2013

 So the Christmas season began November 30 when the Store had it's annual Christmas Sale.  It is known as our "Black Friday" People actually arrive early for the fun of waiting together and chatting.  The workers order things many months in advance so that we can have some uncommon items.They even open up the back store room to have room.







 I am so glad I packed my manger scene.  It is my favorite Christmas decoration.



 I found this artificial Christmas tree as a rummage sale.  I am glad my friend convinced me to buy it. It is the first time we have owned an artificial tree.  Elijah put it together for me.




Christmas Concert presented by the choirs and band.  Elijah is some where in that picture.





 I bought a few of my cookie cutters with so Elijah and I could make our traditional sugar cookies on a Saturday afternoon.



Frosting them happened another day,  Elijah did help frost in the middle of Facebook and emailing.







Christmas Eve Day a play was performed by the kids with some adults.  The play was written by the director.





Jay wanted to give gifts to our friends and so he made some and found some.  The yougest enjoyed a box which Jay made into a play house.  The middle child was given a hand made version of the game "Wake Up Giants." The 10 year old boy had fun with odds and ends from Jay's work including an old radio that did not work.



I made our traditional manicotti for supper.  Thankful that someone sent me noodles to be able to have it.  Of course Elijah was not thrilled.  It is Jay's favorite not his. We did have sparkling juice which he enjoyed.









                         So thankful for the gifts that were sent!


 
Opening gifts close to midnight on Christmas Eve drinking hot chocolate and eating Christmas cookies. ( Even though it is summer time here,)We attempted to call John and Courtney via Skype but the connection did not work well enough.  I also had the privilege of being on call that evening and I ended up going into the clinic for a couple hours with a young national who was having an asthma attack.




Watching movies is a big past time.



Christmas Day we were invited to a friend's.  They had around thirty people including many teenagers. After enjoying a huge potluck meal many people participated in a talent show.  Jay wrote a skit the three of us read.
        





 As you can see we had plenty of desserts to chose from including three types of cheese cake.


 We had good coffee :)

1 comment: