Welcome

The Pettygrove family is lives in Papua New Guinea to serve those working in Bible translation
Join us with our progress....

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Darkness, Rest and Light



Living in the southern hemisphere, close to the equator, has been playing mind games with me as I try to remember what month I am in. Is it March or September? Spring or Autumn? June or December? Summer or Winter?
The sun is out.
The flowers are blooming.
It is rainy season.
It is Christmas.
I read a friend’s beautiful blog talking about how it did not feel like Christmas. She reminded us of the presence of God in Christmas which we have available to us all year through Jesus, so that no matter where you are it can truly feel like Christmas.         (http://purposeasia.blogspot.com/)
My thoughts this Christmas season revolved around darkness, rest, and light. In the Midwest of United States, it is winter time. The sun sets early at 4:30pm. It is dark, usually cold, and maybe there’s a snowstorm or two. It is winter time. One puts their pajamas on and stays home in the evenings. Yes, if you have to go out, you dress warm before you head out into the cold. It is part of life. Spring, summer, fall and winter each has its own perks. Winter is a time for hibernating when you have a chance. I am missing the excuse to stay inside. One time, I had a friend mention how life in the Midwest was different than where they lived in California. They did not understand how busy and full the summer days were and how quiet some winter days were until they had lived it. Then they knew.
So now in my quiet days, as I ponder my thoughts
I will rest in my Savior
who began his sacrifice in the Christmas season
allowing his presence to fill me
making room for the light.
“I am the world’s Light.
 No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness.
I provide plenty of light to live in.”
John 8:12
May we rest in His Presence and live in His Light.
Grateful for the LIGHT!

Many plants blooming around us.



gardens growing

 Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment