Welcome

The Pettygrove family is lives in Papua New Guinea to serve those working in Bible translation
Join us with our progress....

Sunday, August 5, 2012

? Days left

This is a new video that was recently produced by Wycliffe to  explain briefly how the translation work is done.  I thought I would share it with you.

So what else can I share?  Days left?  
5 days until John and Courtney come for a visit
8 days until we take Danielle  to college
32 days until the last shipment leaves for PNG this year. 
?? days until my last day at OSF St Anthony's
?? days until we are 100% financial partnerships
?? days until we leave for PNG

This is our count down.  Not sure of my feelings but I know we are walking in the path God has designed for us.  A friend reminded me again of "joy in the journey".  This is my request...that God will continually grant us joy in these days ahead.  Days of letting go and saying good bye.  Good bye to perishable belongings as well missing the people who we will not physically be with. In the midst of my sadness it comes to my mind that on August 4, in Madang Province of Papua New Guinea, a Scripture celebration took place in honor of the completed Marik New Testament translation. People are receiving God's word in a way they can understand it. That is exciting and brings joy. May God continue  to make Himself known in my life as well as lives around the WORLD!  Thank you for joining me on this journey.
May I take joy in doing your will, my God
for Your instructions are written on my heart.

From Psalm 40:8 (NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment