Welcome

The Pettygrove family is lives in Papua New Guinea to serve those working in Bible translation
Join us with our progress....

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Standing Still


These days I feel like things are moving quickly me but yet I am standing still.  We have about a month left in our house.  People are asking if we are having a garage sale.  Yes I answer. However we are running out of weekends.  We just returned from taking Danielle to college.  Next week we have another trip planned.  Our visa papers are being examined.  It is time to write another newsletter.  The number one question is “when do we leave?”  We have no answer for that other than as soon as possible. God has called us to work with Wycliffe. He is making a way for us to go to Papua New Guinea.  We are trying to follow Him daily.
 
I am grateful that I have a Bible to read in a language that speaks to my heart and reassures me that God is with me. …guiding me.  I am excited to go to PNG where so many translation works are occurring.  I will be working in a medical clinic supporting the many translators. The staff in PNG has also been asking “when are we coming?” They are short nursing staff and are anxious to have more help.

Our partnership has to reach 95% before we can purchase plane tickets and 100% before we can leave the country.  We are standing still around 72%. Wycliffe has to know we will have finances coming in to live on while we are there.  The people that partner with us become part of our team and play a role in Bible translation just as we do.  So if missions, translation work, the Bible, or us are a significant part of your life please consider joining us on this adventure. We are excited to have the 45 friends partnering with us financially on a regular basis already. THANK YOU! Feel free to contact us, sign up to give and or pray.  You can use the link on the upper left hand column for giving or email me if you want to join our prayer calendar.

Exodus 33:13
Guide me clearly along the way the way you want me to travel 
           so that I will understand you and walk acceptably before you.                           (Living Translation)

saying good bye to Danielle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment