Welcome

The Pettygrove family is lives in Papua New Guinea to serve those working in Bible translation
Join us with our progress....

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Where? Part two?

First of all Where have I been?  I mean when I started this blog I had the intention of blogging more frequently.....at the least once a week.  My idea is to keep my friends informed on where we are in our ministry.  Plus I have other back ground information that I will slowly add.  I guess all I can say is I have been thinking about what to blog.  In the mean time writing a newsletter, finishing and mailing wedding invitations, visiting my children, going to softball and baseball games.
So on with the blog.....

Ukarumpa is in Papua New Guinea. Papua New Guinea (PNG) is northeast of Australia. It occupies eastern half of island of New Guinea and numerous offshore island.  The capital is Port Moresby.  It is a diverse land from high mountains to grasslands, from rain forests to swamps and from very warm temperatures on the coast to equatorial glaciers in some high mountains.The people are just diverse in their culture and languages. Over 800 languages are spoken in this Pacific country.  Around 300 languages have no Bible and might not even have a written form of language.  Translation continues in many languages there. On the 18th of this month the Maiwa people of Milne Bay Province are celebrating the dedication of a New Testament in their language. So the work of translation continues and we are excited to be part of it.  Thank you for joining us in is adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment