Welcome

The Pettygrove family is lives in Papua New Guinea to serve those working in Bible translation
Join us with our progress....

Monday, May 14, 2012

"Walk with Me"

Last week I was encouraged to walk with God. A speaker came and while he was praying for people took my arm, walked with me and instructed me to walk with God.  When I look at Bible verses that read "walk with," some said faithfully, or in obedience.  So each day I am trying to walk faithfully in obedience with God.

Abraham and Noah were described as "walked faithfully with God." Both obeyed what God told them to do.  Abraham leaving his country and Noah building an ark. So obedience is the key.  What do I obey?  Well I am fortunate to have the Bible to read in a language I understand.  I even have many versions in the same language to chose from.  The Bible gives me truths to live by.  So I am excited to be part of the ministry of  Wycliffe bringing those truths through translation of the Bible to the 2000 language groups who have not written languages.

In the mean time you can follow our blog and newsletters as the Pettygrove' s Progress continues and we walk with God.  We want to be right where God wants us as we serve as missionaries in the states and in Papua New Guinea.  We would love to share more with you about our ministry on a personally level, Bible study or church.  Just contact us.

Joshua 22:5  
But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, to keep his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.”


1 comment:

  1. Jay and Jodi, I would love to pray for you guys! You could even put me down for more than one. You pick!

    ReplyDelete